BioSentry™ Tract Sealant System
For proven protection from pneumothorax
The BioSentry™ tract sealant system is the first biopsy sealant system of its kind designed specifically to address the issues of biopsy-related pneumothorax.
The BioSentry™ tract sealant system deploys a self-expanding hydrogel plug into the pleural space following a percutaneous lung biopsy - creating an airtight seal that closes the pleural puncture.
BioSentry™ is the first biopsy sealant system of its kind.
- Deploys a self-expanding hydrogel plug into the pleural space
following a percutaneous lung biopsy – creating an airtight seal
that closes the pleural puncture.
BioSentry™ has been proven to protect against biopsy related pneumothorax.
- 84% of BioSentry™ patients were pneumothorax-free in the protocol population
- >50% relative risk reduction in the incidence of pneumothorax versus standard of care
BioSentry™ has been proven to stop the pneumothorax cascade in its tracks.
- 67% relative risk reduction in chest tube placement
- 45% relative risk reduction in the need for additional radiographs
- 31% relative risk reduction in hospital admissions
The BioSentry™ plug
- Expands radially and longitudinally to fill the co-axial introducer needle tract in approximately 30-60 seconds
- Is made of a bioinert material, polyethylene glycol, that fully resorbs into the body within 6-9 months
- Marks biopsy location for visualization during surgical resection
Features for BioSentry™ Delivery Device
- Depth markings in 2 mm increments provide accurate and consistent placement based on CT-guided measurements*
- Depth adjustment wheel and locking mechanism ensure proper plug deployment
*Do not use this device if the skin to pleura distance of the biopsy path is less than 1 cm exceeds 7 cm
Features for BioSentry™ Co-Axial Adapter
- Plug is made from a synthetic fully resorbable polymer to facilitate absorption and minimize tissue trauma
- Only one plug is delivered per tract
- Adapter mates with our 17G or 19G co-axial introducer needle (sold separately) to ensure proper fit and delivery of plug
|768022019S||BioSentry™ Tract Sealant System||5|
Request more information at the contact button.
We will be happy to assist.