SOMATEX® Lung Marker System
Preoperative marking of intrapulmonary, non-palpable pulmonary nodules
The patented SOMATEX® Lung Marker System is used for the preoperative marking of intrapulmonary, non-palpable pulmonary nodules. This system is specifically designed for video-assisted thoracoscopic surgery (VATS) procedures.
Why is preoperative marking important?
Small and non-superficial nodules are often difficult to localize during VATS procedures, if no marking was performed before surgery.
In this case, conversion rates of up to 46%* from minimally invasive surgery to open thoracotomy have been observed due to failure of nodule localization.
* Suzuki et al., Chest 1999; 115: 563-568
- Technique allows for precise and safe localization of small pulmonary nodules during VATS.
- Wire can be repositioned. Marking does not fade unlike dye marking, which reduces time pressure between marking and surgery.
- Lung Marker System can help to reduce the conversion rate to open thoracotomy.
Accuracy of localization – reduce dislocation rates
- No blurring of dye or unintended marking of surrounding tissue.
- The spiral shape at the distal tip of the wire enables stable anchoring in the lung parenchyma.
|Ref. no||Gauge||Diameter||Needle length||Qty/box|
|272012||18G||1,20 mm||120 mm||10|
|272015||18G||1,20 mm||150 mm||10|
Request more information at the contact button.
We will be happy to assist.